Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Goblin Ticks and Autumn Magic...




Goblins may be stout and nasty, but they sure can run! I have been driven to insanity, and I swore to those Goblins I didn't know where their gold was! I should feed them to the trolls! Anyways, this Fae pirate has been running about all over the place. I am currently back in my birth-land, good old city of steel and concrete. NYC! Adventures this weekend ahoy~

Meanwhile, its AUTUMN! Which means one thing,... Winter is around the corner. Now I do love Autumn, its my second favorite season. I love the smell of fireplaces going, the brisk cool air, the sweaters with fallen leaves stuck to them, and of course, the colors of the landscape. The golds, reds, yellows, its all so beautiful! And inspiring. I have faux leaves in my room, right above my window [though they hang there year round], its a simple and fun reminder of the beauty of the Fall season. Of course I have pictures to share. Both make up and outfits~

Faux Autumn leaves seen behind, playing Fae royal.


My head band is rather magical. It is made of several thin satin and silk ribbons, in maroon and dark ivory, and a copper chain with leave, circle, and ladybug hanging copper embellishments. It is braided and at the bottom on each end are two knots keeping it all together, the excess flowing freely.

The necklace you see is an iron Jack in the Green pendant. Also known as the Green Man, commonly seen in churches. However, the Green Man, or Jack in the Green is actually a very strong symbol according to Wiccan culture/belief. And yes, I am Wiccan. He is, according to Celtic followings, a symbol of new growth and wisdom. Considering the man life changes I have and am going to as of late, I found it to be a symbol I wanted to associate with. I bought the pendant on my 20th birthday which falls on the celebration of Mabon, or as the Druids called it Mea'n Fo'mhair. Very simply the Autumn Equinox, September 21st. Mea'n Fo'mhair, means Honor of the Green Man. So all of this surprisingly fell together perfectly. When I had bought the pendant, I hadn't even really though about the date, or the history of it. I was just very drawn to the symbol, and I knew the meanings and ideals associated with him. It's quickly become my new everyday wear. When it is not around my neck, I wear it as an anklet.



New Hair Color to celebrate the changing season.

Now then...hem, I felt the strongest urge to change my hair. the summer had passed and the golden white I had was no longer suiting my mood. I wanted something warmer, more relaxed. I almost went red! But instead settled for this dark warm gray blonde, which is very close to my natural color.


Autumn fairy is ready to frolic~

My inner fae took over, and I decked out in all the natural colors and fabrics I had. Wearing a fitted loose tunic shirt with a leaf print pattern, and my favorite sweater, a light honey beige with a faux [because hurting animals is a horrid thing to do and if you must do it please let them be free range.] fur trim hood. And of course my magical head band. My make up, for the record, in the first and this photos, is a maroon liner and Lime Crime Nymph pigment. Lips are a light clear pink with a mint gloss over them.


My birthday outfit, Fae Princess.

Now on to my Birthday outfit. Dress is a lovely pale pink layered shirt with little embroidered flowers all over it from Free People. Shoes are soft pale yellow canvas heels that knot on the toe. Though you can't see it, on my head was; four bronze own bobby pins, a long rope of real pearls, creating a head band effect [it was my really long pearl necklace!], and my treasure earrings from a past post. On my neck is my fairy necklace, and my Jack in the Green is on my right ankle. I also wore my cherry blossom wire and pink gem choker, which can not be seen in this photo. Picture taken by and edited by the lovely Fae Pirate, First mate Kim. [The painting on the wall behind me is a hiding fairy that I did when I officially moved back in.]


A better view of the painting.

Its not realistic, and I wish I had given the mushrooms [those reddish brown blotches near her ass and feet] spots, but I think it looks more natural this way. I mixed styles from both Van Gogh and Cézanne on this one.

Ahh well, till next time my fellow pirating Fae. I leave you with a few wonderfully magical things.
First, a video by a lovely group called The Green Children. I was introduced to them through the magical blog of Doe Deere. They caught my eye because The Green Children is an old fae tale! Two children with green skin magically appeared one day, they didn't speak english and ate only vegetation [Green beans in particular I think], eventually the little boy grew sick and died, but the girl lived on, her green skin faded away. They believe the children were fae!


Enjoy.

Secondly, some poetry I wrote for the Lime Crime contest.

"'Once upon a midnight dreary', words so familiar to the lover of horror.

Romance Mr.Poe did bring, to a world described only with suffering.

If the raven could read, would it pity dear lost Lenore?

If I were her, in my tomb where I lay, I'd call to the raven,

That unholy visitor.

For I fear Mr.Poe did him wrong, he and his cry of 'Nevermore'.

I think the raven only meant to chat, and share his thoughts.

Perhaps the raven's love was lost just as Lenore.

Perhaps he mourned and cried, 'Nevermore'.

And seeing Edgar dearest so full of grief, he thought to share his thoughts,

and help him find a shared peace.

Nevermore, the poor raven cried, nevermore he cried.

Mr.Poe did you wonder, that perhaps the demon sitting just above your chamber door,

Was there to mourn with you, your sweet Lenore?

But shall you know? Alas, nevermore."

-Flip


Till we meet again, on some Autumn day, or perhaps when the snow starts blanketing the earth.


"Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand."
-William Butler Yeats, "The Stolen Child"

-F


No comments:

Post a Comment