Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fairy Pirate take flight!



Fairy Pirates have wings of course, but when they are feeling lazy, they jump in their pirate ships made of magic, midni
ght cloud, and stardust and roam off into the sky! In the good nature of being a fairy pirate, I'm off on another adventure! This time it's much more exciting that having fun with my crew [which is exciting too and of course is still happening.] I am off to the fairy tale city of Quebec. I am excited to walk the cobble stone streets and speak in tongues! Je parle français! Quebec is a city older than the US itself! I believe its nearly 400 years old! Once a French settlement the city is home to many historical and magical sights. Old castle-like forts for example, rolling plains, and a beautiful view. It truly will be a magical adventure. I am, however, slightly disappointed that I am not going in the winter. Winter is my favorite season, I love seeing everything covered in snow. Quebec is beautiful when covered in snow! Pictures, but of course!

A street in Quebec covered in snow!

Personally I am more excited than anything to be spending time with my first mate Mark. Mark and I have known each other for 9 almost 10 years. He is, infact, the first friend I made after I moved away from my jungle of steel and cement. He knows me better than almost anyone! So of course I am super excited to be taking this trip with him! Currently I am packing up my Fairy gear, some treasures, and getting ready for the long trip in the ship~ I need to be comfortable though, so whats better to wear than my most comfy of shirts!

If I had wings they would be pink, purple, and green!

So my fellow Fae, I will see you when we land in the fairy tale city. Adieu mon ami~ Je t'adore.

I feel like leaving you with a fairy quote that is not my own creation tonight. So here are a few words from one of my favorites, Yeats!

"Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame."
-William Butler Yeats, "The Land of Heart's Desire," 1894

-F

No comments:

Post a Comment