Friday, January 28, 2011

Past Adventure...



So my fellow fae, its time to look back to an adventure forgotten if not mentioned.
So back in the fall me and my first mate Kim had a photoshoot. We had it at Double Trouble State Park in NJ. Beautiful place really.
Here are some of the shots from the shoot.


We had the entire day running around the place in gowns [provided by me.] and standing in streams [which were intensely cold!]. Basically we got back to nature. Kim doesn't wear black much, so I was very pleased to shover her into a white dress I have. Its really beautiful, has a bit of a Grecian style to it. Iridescent bead work right below the bust in the Meander pattern [also known as the Greek Key or Greek fret], and flowing loose chiffon pleats, the top of 'bodice' of the dress was shaped in an angular 'heart', with thick bunched strips of the same white chiffon as straps. It tied in the back to create that princess feel.

She really does look wonderful in white. She had also brought a black party dress I got for her Xmas of 2009 to the shoot. Corset top with ruffled and tiered skirt. All in black lace with silver hook and eye closures down the front. She looks great in it of course, but she looked absolutely angelic in white.

My dress was my pale pink Free People dress with the small flowers all over it. Pretty basic.
Whats great about Kim is that, even though I have a rather large bust, and she well, doesn't, we both have the same waist size, and generally fit into the same clothing. Granted my larger cup size will strain, but she fits my clothing perfectly with out any issues as we are both the same generic size small.



I love this picture. I really do. Kim and I were trying to figure out things to do, and Matt, the photographer, shouted 'run', so we did. I don't know how hard I was laughing, but really I felt like such a little kid. Running across the landscape in a $120 dollar dress, not caring if it got dirty or snagged, Kim running besides me in an $80 dollar white dress, not caring if it got dirty. It was perfect. The picture looks as carefree as it really was. And besides, me and Kim are the kinda girls who really don't give a fuck and would run around the pine barrens, woods, and what not like total idiots anyway. There is a reason this Blog is Fae themed~



We are this idiotic.
If anyone is wondering what the hell I am doing to Kim, Im waving a twig in her face, and she's trying not to laugh her ass off and look angry. Funny thing, we are standing in that stream in this one. It was only about four inches deep, and had a rather weak current, but it was so cold. And of course my hair looks like its been through hell. This really was a wonderful day in nature.

Most of my adventures have cities involved in them, but here, I got to get out and live up to the Fae in me.

Its snowy out now. Im going to try and get some pictures out in the snow while in the woods near me before it all melts. I love the snow, and I am now sporting red hair~



Thats all I have for now. Today Kim and I are headed out for who knows what. We plan on finding a party to crash later tonight, in the true pirate fashion~

"Blind folk see the fairies.
Oh, better far than we,
Who miss the shining of their wings
Because our eyes are filled with things
We do not wish to see."
~Rose Fyleman


-F.


[Photoshoot by Matt Tucker]

No comments:

Post a Comment